Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I SEE PENIS: #ISEEPENIS

One of the best things about the internet is the opportunity we have to respond to each other with ideas almost as quickly as we have them.  When Big Shoe Diaries began, one of the series posts that we immediately started getting feedback on was I SEE PENIS, a simple enough concept, but some of the only work BSD has done to get headier coverage. Initially we posted things we found ourselves online, and then people started sending us photos via email and once we got more invested in social media, folks started tweeting pics of "penises" at us or posting them on my Facebook wall.  While I don't have time to catalog them all, one of my favorite hashtags on twitter is the #ISEEPENIS hashtag that lets anyone who sees more than just a rose to share their findings immediately with a network of jesting visual punsters.  I've taken a moment here to catalog some of my favorites from the past few months.  For those of you using the hashtag, thanks and for those of you that find a penis in the everyday and want to share it with the rest of us. . . #ISEEPENIS. . . and alert me at @colbykeller as well!


Hermaphroditic #iseepenis for @colbykeller. "Cockbox&quo... on Twitpic

I'M NOT SURE WHAT THIS ONE IS. :)


MITTEN COOKIE? OR FISH BONER?


AMUSEMENT PARK?


ONE YEAR OLD'S BIRTHDAY CAKE?


PENIS CAMOUFLAGE GAME?


FINGER?


FRIED FOODS?


NATIVITY?

Regardless, there's got to be a lot more visual penis puns than these out there, so as you find them, tweet them at me @colbykeller and don't forget to hashtag #ISEEPENIS - Happy Hunting!!!

3 comments:

  1. That first one is a wood sculpture (heh) given to me as a gift. It was presented as a, "Cockbox." As in, "Here ya go, Kelly. Have a cockbox for your office."

    Sort of a hermaphroditic addition to the ISEEPENIS collection. The top of the head comes off revealing a velvet lined compartment. Apparently it was thought of as too "risque" to be sold with the artist's other wares. But the little mushroom dude in all its phallic glory is quite at home here with me. *winks*

    Lovely collection and thank you for posting/sorting/sharing/creating the hunt!

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the "fried foods" penis kind of reminded me of this guy:

    http://diphallicdude.tumblr.com/page/6

    ReplyDelete
  3. A one year old's birthday cake? What kind of moral degenerate are you? People like you make me sick. By the number of candles on it, it's clearly for an eight year old.

    ReplyDelete